REGISTER FOR OUR 2018
Observe an entire Portfolio Defense, learn how the model works, and reflect on how you can apply the concepts in your own context.
The Portfolio Defense is the capstone activity of a whole-school performance assessment system. It is the culmination of a student’s 4-year journey. Similar to a masters defense, students stand before a panel of peers, educators, and mentors to demonstrate — to the panel and to themselves — that they are ready to graduate and ready for a successful future.
A Defense Design Studio consists of two parts:
- Observe a live student defense: watch a student defend their learning in front of a panel.
- Debrief! Talk with an Envision coach and fellow educators about how to translate this nationally-recognized assessment model to your own educational context
- Download the 2018 Defense Design Studio Flyer, with date, time and location information.
- Each Defense Design Studio session is $200 per person. Existing clients receive a 30% discount; email firstname.lastname@example.org for client discount registration code.
- A lunch will be provided at each session. Please indicate any food allergies or dietary restrictions by emailing email@example.com.
When we witnessed defenses at Envision, we saw what growth and what strength and what skillsets students were able to visibly demonstrate, and we thought, 'We have to go back, we have to show this to our staff, and we have to push ourselves to make sure that our students can do this.'