CAT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life.
At Envision Education, we believe the current achievement gap reflects a systemic failure to understand how kids learn, what motivates them to learn, and what they need in order to learn well. We know that vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. With a population that is 75% first generation college bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success.
Envision Education is a national model for using Performance Assessment to prepare students for success in college and in life. Envision Education operates three small high schools and one middle school. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist once they get there.
APPLY HERE: Envision Careers
WE SEEK EMPLOYEES WHO
At Envision, we seek people who relentlessly pursue our mission, who are dedicated to a collaborative culture, and who promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We invest in learning and growth for all staff and we recognize contributions to team-based success.
Love the energy of high school students *Enjoy working on a team to bring their collective ideas into reality * Set high expectations and believe breakthrough results are possible * Embrace the growth mindset to become smarter and stronger * Work relentlessly and innovatively to achieve our mission * Use design thinking in order to iterate ideas and improve student outcomes.
Parent Liaison and Translation:
- Contact parents and families through phone calls, written communication and meetings at school in order to encourage participation in school activities and events
- Serve as a liaison to parent/legal guardians and students for the purpose of removing barriers to student success in school
- Support parent/legal guardians in completing specific forms for school registration
- Provide information to parents concerning school procedures such as registration, attendance, student homework and discipline
- Provide interpreting services in English and Spanish for parents, teachers, and administrators during parent/teacher conferences, school meetings, report card conferences, parent workshops, and evening events at school
- Provide translating of school documents designed to inform parents such as letters, bulletins, announcements, calendars, notices, webpage information, articles, flyers, newsletters, community resources communication, curricular, etc.
- Answer phones and receive visitors in a friendly, professional and informative manner
- Maintain attendance, student and general office files and assist with faxing and copying
- Check-in late students and make attendance calls
- Order supplies as needed
- Assist with supervision
- Other duties as assigned by Administrative staff
SALARY: $18-22.00 PER HOUR; less payroll deductions and all required withholdings.
As a non-exempt hourly employee you will be paid monthly based on hours worked. Approved timesheets should be submitted by the 15th of the month for payment at month’s end. You are eligible for overtime pay per the Department of Labor regulations.
Full-time Admin Assistants are eligible for the following benefits:
- 10 sick days, 4 days of which may be used as Personal Necessity Leave Time Off. Accrued unused sick days are carried over year after year to a maximum of 20 days.
- Federal Holidays per the Employee Handbook
- 5 Days’ bonus pay paid to employee with December payroll
- Employer contribution to benefits per published Benefit Rate Sheet
- Optional Flexible Benefits Plan, 403b Plan; and Commuter Check Plans
- Employer will provide Life Insurance at no cost to Employee
- Employees are required to have medical insurance*
40 hours a week targeted. More than 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week is considered overtime and employee will be paid per Department of Labor guidelines. Employee to take hour per day for lunch (unpaid) and (2) 10 minute breaks per Department of Labor guidelines.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.