We are hiring for a Long-term Substitute for the 2017/18 School Year
Who We Are
Our mission is to transform the lives of students- especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life.
At Envision Education, we believe the current achievement gap reflects a systemic failure to understand how kids learn, what motivates them to learn, and what they need in order to learn well. We know that vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. With a population that is 75% first-generation college-bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success.
Envision Education is a national model for using Performance Assessment to prepare students for success in college and in life. Envision Education operates three small high schools and one middle school. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist once they get there.
Apply Here : Envision Careers:
Our educators create project-based assignments and leverage technology in order to challenge students to think critically, solve problems resourcefully, and collaborate productively. Students have an opportunity to use these skills and show what they know through portfolio defenses. Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Similar to a master’s thesis defense, these presentations are required to graduate and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school. They practice for these defenses through regular exhibitions and in-class presentations. Read about our approach here: http://www.envisionschools.org/our-approach/
We Seek Teachers Who:
At Envision, we seek people who relentlessly pursue our mission, who are dedicated to a collaborative culture, and who promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We invest in learning and growth for all staff and we recognize contributions to team-based success.
Love the energy of high school students *Enjoy working on a team to bring their collective ideas into reality * Set high expectations and believe breakthrough results are possible * Embrace the growth mindset to become smarter and stronger * Work relentlessly and innovatively to achieve our mission * Use design thinking in order to iterate ideas and improve student outcomes.
Our Teachers Will:
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students and acts as an advocate for students’ needs with family members and within the school community.
- Have a commitment to urban education and working with youth of color.
- Work together as a team: collaborate on integrated, authentic, engaging projects.
- Inspire and support the academic agency and excitement of our students.
- Focus on professional learning and mastery through weekly professional development and coaching sessions.
- Support general education students and special education students with 504 or IEP plans.
- Engage in opportunities for leadership, mentoring, and to develop your craft as a master Project Based and/or Blended Learning teacher.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Single Subject Teaching Credential or out of state equivalent with ability to transfer
- English Language Learner authorization or in process
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive based on credential, education, and experience; Paid sick leave; Retirement system from STRS; Excellent health benefits package with employer contribution to benefits; Optional Flexible Benefits Plan; 403b Plan; Commuter Check Plans; Life Insurance at no cost to employee
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.