Temporary Part-time Accountant
Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
With a population that is 75% first-generation college-bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement and empowerment, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision schools are further distinguished by:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity;
- Rigorous and engaging project-based learning;
- Rich, vibrant college-going culture; and
- Strong teacher-student relationships.
Envision also operates Envision Learning Partners, a consultancy division that takes Envision’s innovative practices of performance assessment to schools and leaders throughout the country.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a temporary, leave-fill position. We are looking for someone with strong skills who is interested in applying them in a non-profit, education setting. The successful candidate will need initiative and strong attention to detail, flexibility, sound business judgment, a commitment to quality and excellent communication.
This position will be the key driver of our monthly accounting processes, with an emphasis on Accounts Payable. He or she will work in conjunction with our operations and finance team as well as our school sites to ensure accurate coding and processing of expenditures.
- Maintain A/P systems records and files
- Manage weekly check runs
- Input data into Sage/Abila MIP accounting system
- Process invoices, credit card, check requests, and expense reports on a weekly basis
- Handle inquiries from vendors, resolve issues, and update vendor data
- Other accounting and administrative duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel and comfort learning new systems and applications
- Experience with Sage MIP Accounting systems is highly preferred
- Flexibility, team player, self-starter, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience, preferably in a non-profit account and/or public account experience
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a part-time, two day per week position scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hourly rate is: $20-$30 per hour depending on experience. This is a non-benefited position.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER ONLINE:
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.