Envision Education is hiring an Instructional Assistant for Impact Academy High School in Hayward.
This is a full-time position 2017/2018
The Instructional Assistant will provide support for students with learning or behavioral needs, as well as support the Learning Specialists and/or Speech Language Pathologists, or other specialists, to provide special education services in order to meet students’ Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals. The Instructional Assistant may work with a specific student, or with small groups of students within the general education classroom or Learning Center to support academic progress. The Instructional Assistant works as part of the school intervention team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Learning Specialist and general education teachers to support students with learning or behavioral needs
• Provide support to students in general education area as assigned
• Follows and implements intervention plans or processes to provide service and support to students to meet IEP goals or intervention plan goals
• Assists with collecting and recording observational data related to academic progress or behavior management
• Helps with maintaining online IEPs, organization of special education files, student learning records, data entry related to maintaining on-line IEPs,
• Assists with record keeping, data entry related to maintaining on-line IEP,
• Under supervision of Learning Specialists, and without analysis, assists with screenings or assessments, including formal documentation, preparing materials and performing clerical support
• Documents student progress towards meeting established objectives
• Assists Learning specialist with communication related to implementing intervention strategies, IEP services or compliance
• Assists Learning specialist with the preparation of in-service training and family or community education.
• Learns and utilizes basic methods and procedures in instructional settings
• Understands and communicates the mission, goals, standards, policies procedures, confidentiality standards, operating instructions, values of Envision Schools and the Special Education program
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Reports to: Learning Specialist and Principal
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of adolescent growth, development and behavior characteristics; concepts of cognitive development and different learning styles
- Ability and willingness to support every student with learning needs and to implement students’ IEPs or behavior support plans
- Ability to assist students in various subject areas
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with general education and special education colleagues, parents and community
- Solid technology skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, or other database program, and Internet search
- Desire to work and learn as part of an innovative special education and school team
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Prior experience working with secondary students with learning needs and a diverse student body
Competitive with benefits.
This is a non-exempt, 40 hours per week position.
Please submit an online application via https://envisionschools.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Who We Are
Envision Education transforms the lives of students’especially those who will be first in their family to attend college’by preparing them for success in college, in careers, and in life.
Vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. Our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision further distinguishes its campuses with:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity,
- Rigorous academic discipline, and
- Excellence at every level.
For More Information:
Visit the Envision Education website: www.envisionschools.org