Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
As Envision Education’s consulting and training division, Envision Learning Partners (ELP) brings Envision’s unique and effective portfolio assessment system and aligned supports to schools and districts across the country. We are a leading voice in the national conversation around deeper learning and the go-to convener and trainer in the growing movement around deeper learning student assessment. We partner closely with school and district leaders to implement Envision’s deeper learning student assessment system to increase students’ readiness for college, careers, and life. We provide professional development, coaching, tools and technology that enable change in practices and results.
The ELP Program Coordinator must be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to initiate and follow through on assigned tasks. The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and a strong ability to prioritize. The Program Coordinator supports meetings and events, office and information systems, and to assist in the overall implementation of ELP services.
- Coordinate and support events (internal and external); including creating communications, tracking attendees, ordering food, identifying event sites and working with vendors to ensure events run smoothly and within budget.
- Travel to events and meetings and provide logistical support.
- Coordinate scheduling of internal and external meeting including team meetings, vendor meetings, funders, and cross functional meetings, etc.
- Maintain calendar for tracking meetings.
- Coordinate ordering of supplies, equipment maintenance, and provide. administrative support as needed.
- Coordinate and own Salesforce set-up, processing and data entry.
- Coordinate the creation, administration, and analysis of client surveys and provide data to the team.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects ensuring that the tasks and deadlines assigned by project manager are met.
- Maintain the ELP Knowledge Management platform.
- Process stipends and reimbursements for event participants.
- Prepare collateral materials for coaches and special events and maintain the materials inventory by interfacing with vendors and reordering supplies.
Support Strategic Planning and Department Growth:
- Provide research support related to business planning, targeting key clients and operational and systems needs.
- Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks such as preparing expense reports, scheduling travel, materials support for meeting and events, etc.
- Engage team in cycles of inquiry about operational functions and systems development.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support departmental goals.
ELP Senior Program and Operations Manager
HOURS AND CLASSIFICATION:
This is a 40 hours per week position, exempt position.
- Belief in Envision Education’s philosophy that all students, regardless of race, socio-economic status, family background, or past academic performance, can succeed academically
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate and work with diverse groups of people
- Highly organized multi-tasker with an ability to adapt easily and work within set deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently
- Knowledge of the K-12 education landscape preferred
- Strong presentation and written communications skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications, with ability to learn new technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel between schools located in San Francisco, Oakland and Hayward, CA, and to work evenings and weekends as events may required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree Required
1-2 years experience in process-oriented, customer-focused work required
Experience working in a school environment or with urban youth preferred
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE: https://envisionschools.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.