Envision is hiring teachers for the 2017-18 School year for
our three Bay Area public charter high schools
Now accepting applications for a Spanish Teacher
Locations: Hayward, Oakland and San Francisco
At Envision, we seek people who relentlessly pursue our mission, who are dedicated to a collaborative culture, and who promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We invest in learning and growth for all staff and we recognize contributions to team-based success.
Our passion is transforming the lives of students we serve; impact low-income, underserved communities We believe staff deserve transformation experiences, too o We want to transform the way educational professionals work by building vibrant, collaborative teams o We want staff to continuously transform their practice by engaging in deep, ongoing learning and growth experiences even staff members with years of experience.
- Envision achievement: we commit ourselves to high expectations to achieve breakthrough results for our students and ourselves.
- Envision our team: we are a vibrant, diverse, and collaborative team who together persistently pursue results while having fun along the way.
- Envision your growth: we believe in the power of innovation and learning, and we support and challenge all staff as they learn and grow.
Our educators create project-based assignments that challenge students to think critically, solve problems resourcefully, and collaborate productively. Students have an opportunity to use these skills and show what they know through portfolio presentation and defenses. Similar to a dissertation, these presentations are required to graduate and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school. Read about our approach here.
WE SEEK TEACHERS WHO:
- Love the energy of high school students!
- Enjoy working on a team to bring their collective ideas into reality
- Set high expectations and believe breakthrough results are possible
- Embrace the growth mindset to become smarter and stronger
- Work relentlessly and innovatively to achieve our mission
- Use design thinking in order to iterate ideas and improve student outcomes
- Will act as an Advisor to a group of students and acts as an advocate for students’ needs with family members and within the school community
- Have a commitment to urban education and working with youth of color
Working together as a team, we will:
- Collaborate on integrated, authentic, engaging projects Inspire and support the academic agency and excitement of our students
- Focus on professional learning and mastery; weekly professional development and coaching sessions
- Create opportunities for leadership, mentoring, and for you to develop your craft as a master Project Based Learning teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree English Language Learner authorization or in process
- Valid California Single Subject Teaching Credential or out of state equivalent with ability to transfer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive based on credential, education, and experience
- Paid sick leave
- Retirement system from STRS
- Excellent benefits package with employer contribution to benefits
- Optional Flexible Benefits Plan, 403b Plan; and Commuter Check Plans
- Life Insurance at no cost to Employee
Submit an online application BY CLICKING HERE.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to transform the lives of students’especially those who will be first in their family to attend college’by preparing them for success in college, in careers, and in life.
At Envision Education, we believe the current achievement gap reflects a systemic failure to understand how kids learn, what motivates them to learn, and what they need in order to learn well. Our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision further distinguishes its campuses with:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity,
- Rigorous academic discipline, and
- Excellence at every level.
Our educators create project-based assignments that challenge students to use the 21st Century skills of thinking critically, solving problems resourcefully, and collaborating productively that are needed to thrive in college, in future careers, and in life. Students have an opportunity to use these skills and show what they know through portfolio presentation and defenses. Similar to a dissertation, these presentations are required to graduate and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school. Read about our approach here: http://www.envisionschools.org/our-approach/
For more information about Envision Schools visit:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.