Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
The Data and Assessment Systems Manger is responsible for supporting school administrators and teacher teams to drive academic performance through the use of data and assessments. Strong data systems skills, combined with an ability to support a data driven culture, are keys to success in this position. The Data and Assessment Systems Manager reports directly to the Chief Schools Officers and works closely with the Education Team, and external partners who support and customize data tracking systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Testing and Accountability:
- Manage all state and college testing (e.g. CAASP, PFT, CELDT, AP, SAT), which includes but is not limited to ordering materials, collecting pre-id information, budgeting and reporting results.
- Support school site leaders to comply with and understand all aspects of state testing and Interim Assessment requirements.
- Manage Schoolzilla and collaborate with vendor data warehouse to maintain student assessment results (interim, MAP, EPAS, state, others as identified).
- Manage Envision data management systems including but not limited to: Illuminate, Powerschool, Naviance, ReadingPlus, and Ed Click
- Enroll new users to each system and train office staff, teachers, and administrators on how to use all data management systems.
- Support implementation, administration and analysis of effective Interim Assessments (Illuminate and NWEA).
- Prepare and submit state and federal reports (including CALPADS, CRDC, CBEDS, SARC, etc.) and collaborate with various departments and staff members to collect accurate reporting data.
- Prepare, review, diagnose, correct, transmit and maintain CALPADS data on a regular basis to ensure the accuracy of the various submissions.
- Prepare and provide all data required for school WASC reports and Charter renewal petitions.
Data Collection and Reporting:
- Support the Chief Schools Officer, administrators, coaches, principals and teachers to collect and analyze data.
- Create reports related to formative assessments, portfolios, GPA, state testing etc. and provide analysis to stakeholders.
- Provide regular achievement reports that answers key questions for stakeholders regarding student and school performance trends and patterns and that will inform decisions and strategic decisions.
- Provide data reports for grant proposals and grant reporting and help to “tell the story” of Envision through student achievement data.
- Respond to ad hoc data inquiries/data requests from external and internal parties such as: Family Conference data, Reading and Math reports for teachers, Custom reports for site specific use i.e. Student Led conferences, etc.
- Collect and maintain information on Envision alumni that includes collecting information from graduating seniors, submitting data to the National Student Clearinghouse and maintaining a database on Envision alumni.
- Provide data required for the reparation LCAP for each school.
- Provide training for Vice Principals and Office Managers to comply with and understand all aspects of state testing, Interim Assessment, data analysis, accountability requirements and platforms and other related topics.
- Participate on the Educational Support Team to collaborate on the development of training sessions that help teachers understand how to analyze and use information from Interim and formative assessments in their classrooms.
- Collaborate with the Chief Schools Officer and Director of IT to assess and recommend data management software solutions as needed.
- Assist with the evaluation with the evaluation and implementation of systems, technologies, and practices related to data management.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary range of $60-$70K commensurate with experience. Envision offers medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a 403b, and paid sick time and accrued vacation.
- Demonstrates exceptional quantitative and statistical analytical skills
- Ability to make complicated information clear to others
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities with a focus on timely support of schools
- Understanding of the California accountability systems
- Experience using data to lead decision making processes
- Experience training others to utilize data to meet organizational goals
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently and be a great team member
- Comfortable with and adaptive to changing priorities and flexible roles to meet changing needs within the organization
- Expertise with computer software, hardware and related technologies, including Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with database administration of school systems (i.e. PowerSchool, IllumintateED, Naviance, etc)
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MA preferred
- Experience working in a K-12 school environment or with urban youth preferred
- 5 – 8 years directly related experience (experience in a school setting as a teacher or administrator a plus)
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.