Human Resources Coordinator
Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
With a population that is 75% first generation college bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement and empowerment, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision schools are further distinguished by:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity;
- Rigorous and engaging project-based learning;
- Rich, vibrant college-going culture; and
- Strong teacher-student relationships.
Envision also operates Envision Learning Partners, a consultancy division that takes Envision’s innovative practices of performance assessment to schools and leaders throughout the country.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Director of Talent and Human Resources and working closely with the Talent Team, the Human Resources Coordinator will be central to the efficient functioning of the Talent and Human Resources offerings. The primary goals of the position are to coordinate daily HR needs and assist in the implementation of the Talent plan.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding and ensure that all employees have a quality onboarding experience that follows the Onboarding Plan.
- Own and manage the HRIS database and other tracking systems. Ensure that all employee data is entered into the system accurately. Set up and pull reports as requested for compliance reporting and employee data analysis for use by a variety of stakeholders.
- Support benefits open enrollment. Ensure that benefits information is collected and entered into the online portal and benefit enrollment is complete for new hires.
- Support the preparation and tracking of annual offer letters, separation letters, summer agreements, and other documentation related to employment.
- Manage personnel files ensuring they are accurate and maintain legal compliance.
- Coordinate mandated trainings for all new and existing employees using SafeSchools. Coordinate and ensure compliance with CPR and TB requirements.
- Support Envision Education employees with general HR inquiries regarding benefits, salary, time-off, leaves, HR policies and/or direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Support compliance reporting to authorizers, CDE state reporting and other government entities.
- Initiate and coordinate HR projects that contribute to the development of systems and best practices for the department and organization.
- Track employee long-term leaves and collaborate with the Payroll Manager to collect needed documentation.
- Collaborate on the implementation of the Talent strategic plan including Onboarding and Performance Evaluation initiatives and other projects related to the Talent plan.
- Coordinate birthday and years of service recognition and other employee appreciation projects.
- Support Administrative and Executive level hiring processes.
- Support the Director of Talent with other HR/Talent projects and duties as assigned.
Director of Talent and HR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service orientation
- Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines
- Flexible, people-oriented team player
- A Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Highly organized and self directed; able to juggle multiple tasks and projects, and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to details.
- Communication skills with excellent writing, grammar and spelling.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and database management.
- Experience with Macs and Google Docs is strongly preferred.
- Comfort level learning and implementing new technologies is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality without exception.
- Willingness and flexibility to take on new responsibilities and support new initiatives as they are identified.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Envision offers medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a 403b, and paid sick time and accrued vacation.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER ONLINE:
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.