COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS MANAGER
Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
With a population that is 75% first generation college bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement and empowerment, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision schools are further distinguished by:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity;
- Rigorous and engaging project-based learning;
- Rich, vibrant college-going culture; and
- Strong teacher-student relationships.
Envision also operates Envision Learning Partners, a consultancy division that takes Envision’s innovative practices of performance assessment to schools and leaders throughout the country.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Communications and Grants Senior Manager and working closely with the Development and Communications Teams, the Communications and Events Manager will be central to helping Envision tell its stories to a wide range of audiences. The primary goals of the position are to assist in the implementation of Envision’s annual Communications plan and to coordinate our annual fundraiser, and other individual donor events, outreach, and initiatives.
- Support implementation of long- and short-term communications, marketing and outreach strategies to accomplish organizational goals
- Coordinate Envision’s annual fundraising event, Evening With Envision, with our event consultant and Development and Communications Team
- Coordinate all stewardship opportunities: donor visits, donor meetings, and special events
- Coordinate monthly school site tours for external visitors
- Gather stories from Envision’s schools and ELP; interview students, teachers, partners; collect photos for use in newsletters, social media, and other outreach
- Manage external developers, designers, consultants, and other vendors as needed to produce internal and external collateral, maintain websites, and otherwise support branding, communications and enrollment projects
- Oversee website maintenance for Envision Education, Envision Learning Partners, and each Envision school, and ensure that content is fresh and relevant
- Create and post content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Analyze web and social media traffic and make data-driven decisions about how to best utilize these online communications tools
- Maintain Envision Education newsletters, both external and internal; develop stories, draft copy, and format newsletters in our E-newsletter program, Constant Contact
- Manage Envision Education’s asset libraries and respond to internal and external requests for photos, videos, logos, etc.
- Work closely with the Envision schools and with Envision Learning Partners to ensure that important news and events are shared with the public and our constituents
- Support Envision Schools with communications as needed
- Support fundraising projects as needed (e.g., conducting donor prospecting research)
Communications and Grants Senior Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in generating engaged users/readers with social media, web, and online communications tools
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Event planning experience
- Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines
- Flexible, people-oriented team player
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Envision offers medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a 403b, and paid sick time and accrued vacation.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER ONLINE:
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.