SEEKING THE NEXT VICE PRINCIPAL OF OPERATIONS
FOR CITY ARTS & TECHNOLOGY HIGH SCHOOL
At Envision, we seek people who relentlessly pursue our mission, who are dedicated to a collaborative culture, and who promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We invest in learning and growth for all staff and we recognize contributions to team-based success.
- Our passion is transforming the lives of the students we serve in order to impact low-income, underserved communities
- We believe staff deserve transformation experiences, too
- We want to transform the way educational professionals work by building vibrant, collaborative teams
- We want staff to continuously transform their practice by engaging in deep, ongoing learning and growth experiences—even staff members with years of experience
Our educators create project-based assignments that challenge students to think critically, solve problems resourcefully, and collaborate productively. Students use these skills and show what they know through portfolio presentations and defenses. Similar to a dissertation, these presentations are required to graduate and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school.
Read about our approach here: http://www.envisionschools.org/our-approach/
As a key member of the school’s leadership team, the Vice Principal will be responsible for supporting a positive learning environment for students by ensuring that all operational aspects of the school run smoothly and efficiently.
- Serve as a member of the school’s leadership team, the body that sets the tone and culture of the school, and holds the school accountable for high student achievement.
- Actively participate in regular staff meetings (IEP, SST, PD) and Key Performance Indicator meetings.
- Conduct classroom observations throughout the year and teacher evaluations per established protocols.
- Attendance monitoring and reporting including leading SARB meetings.
- Create and manage processes for scheduling, purchasing, inventory tracking, accounts payable, facilities, and maintenance.
- Work closely with SFUSD regarding facility work orders, attendance reporting and student transfers.
- Conduct intake and exit interviews with transfer students.
- Work closely with Envisions Data and Assessments manager to coordinate the administration of State mandated and school-wide testing.
- Audit and approve timesheets for hourly employees and substitutes; and expense report before submitting for payment.
- Work closely with Human Resources staff, school hiring team, and the Principal to support recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding of new teaching staff.
- Schedule and coordinate substitute teachers; foster a strong relationship with subs and provide ongoing performance feedback.
- Demonstrate compliance with all sections of the Charter Agreement and work closely with Envision’s Director of Operations to ensure that all district, state, and federal reports are submitted by deadlines. Work with the Finance team, as needed, for reporting, analyses or other data requirements.
- With the school Office Manager, manage school’s food service partnership, insurance/risk management, Worker’s Compensation processes, and school safety & emergency planning.
- Operate and track items within the approved budget.
- Manage PowerSchool, including setting up, generating and maintain student schedules; grades, transcripts, and overall data integrity.
- Work with Envision Director of Technology as needed to support student use of technology, and maintenance of the school’s data systems.
- Work with Principal and the VP of Student Support to drive school-wide culture plan with consistency and follow through.
- Support teachers to hold all students to high and consistent academic and behavior expectations.
- Supervise before school, lunch, passing, and dismissal.
- Plan and run graduation ceremony.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, supervising, supporting, developing, evaluating, disciplining and termination of staff.
- Ensure that all compliance documents are completed and on file for school site staff including: TB testing, CPR, other mandated trainings, and background checks.
- Act as Senior Administrator on duty when the Principal is off-campus, or unavailable to staff or students.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Relentless focus on student results
- A Master’s degree required, Administrative Credential preferred
- Successful teaching experience in an urban high school; CA Teaching Credential required
- Successful school leadership experience (including a teacher leadership role)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to generate enthusiasm and support among partners for the mission of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in creating and implementing systems & processes to support a growing organization
- Experience with required state assessments and program reporting preferred
Salary and Working Conditions
- Salary and Benefits: Highly Competitive
- 12-month position starting July 1 (209 days)
- School Holidays, Federal Holidays and sick paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits offered with substantial contribution towards costs
- 403b, Flexible Spending Account Plans and Commuter Check pre-tax benefits
Submit an online application via our careers page: https://www.envisionschools.org/careers/
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to transform the lives of students—especially those who will be first in their family to attend college—by preparing them for success in college, in careers, and in life.
We know that vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. With a population that is 75% first generation college bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision further distinguishes its campuses with:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity;
- Rigorous academic discipline;
- College-going culture; and
- Excellence at every level.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.envisionschools.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.