School Office Assistant – Part-time
Envision Academy High School (EA),
At Envision, we seek people who relentlessly pursue our mission, who are dedicated to a collaborative culture, and who promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We invest in learning and growth for all staff and we recognize contributions to team-based success.
- Our passion is transforming the lives of students we serve; impact low-income, underserved communities
- We believe staff deserve transformation experiences, too
- We want to transform the way educational professionals work by building vibrant, collaborative teams
- We want staff to continuously transform their practice by engaging in deep, ongoing learning and growth experiences…even staff members with years of experience
- Envision achievement…we commit ourselves to high expectations to achieve breakthrough results for our students and ourselves
- Envision our team…we are a vibrant, diverse, and collaborative team who together persistently pursue results while having fun along the way
Envision Education is seeking an energetic, flexible and highly organized School Office Assistant to assist with the operations of a busy charter high school in Oakland. This position requires a self-directed, team-oriented individual with a strong attention to detail and excellent technology skills.
- AA degree or high school diploma and office experience.
- Experience working in a high school or with students preferred.
- Spanish Speaking Preferred.
- Highly organized and self directed; able to juggle multiple tasks and projects, and changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills with excellent writing, grammar and spelling.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and database management.
- Experience with Macs and Google Docs is strongly preferred.
- Comfort level learning and implementing new technologies is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality without exception. Willingness and flexibility to take on new responsibilities and support new initiatives as they are identified.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
12 hours a week
8:30-12:30, M, T, and Friday
$15.00-$20.00/ hr depending on experience
Start date: August 2017
To apply, submit an online application via our careers page: http://www.envisionschools.org/join-our-team/
Who We Are
Our mission is to transform the lives of students…especially those who will be first in their family to attend college…by preparing them for success in college, in careers, and in life.
At Envision Education, we believe the current achievement gap reflects a systemic failure to understand how kids learn, what motivates them to learn, and what they need in order to learn well. Our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision further distinguishes its campuses with:
- Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity,
- Rigorous academic discipline, and
- Excellence at every level.
Our educators create project-based assignments that challenge students to use the 21stCentury skills of thinking critically, solving problems resourcefully, and collaborating productively that are needed to thrive in college, in future careers, and in life. Students have an opportunity to use these skills and show what they know through portfolio presentation and defenses. Similar to a dissertation, these presentations are required to graduate and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school. Read about our approach here: http://www.envisionschools.org/our-approach/
For more information about Envision Schools visit:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.